Welp. Here we are. I’ve gone and started a blog. In the interest of using some of the formatting buttons so kindly provided, I’ll list why I started a blog in carefully bulleted form:
- Paul told me to. (I find he is often right about things that have to do with my creative expression.)
- My facebook posts were getting ridiculous. Ridiculous. Like, not-so-short-story-length ridiculous. That’s no way to treat your friends.
- I primarily want to write this stuff down so that I don’t forget it, and facebook is a terrible place to do that, as there’s no searchability… or tagging… or really any way to revisit the thoughts.
- To accomplish the aforementioned archiving, I COULD write a journal or something… but without some glimpse of an audience, I just don’t feel motivated to write it down for myself. My future self is not enough of a consideration.
So… why all this “tiger” business? It’s a nickname I chose (yes, I admit that makes it less nicknamey) to put in the program for one of the first plays I was in at college. I got there by way of being a Leo but deciding that “Heidi ‘The Lion'” sounded too much like “Heidi, the lyin'” and went with another big cat. I also liked it ’cause of the assonance — the long “i” sound in my names. It’s less of a nickname and more of an ineffective pseudonym, I suppose — ineffective, in that it contains my actual name and in that I’m the only one who uses it.
What will you find here?
I’m not sure yet, but very likely…
- pictures of my dogs
- adventures in puppyraising
- theatre-ish stuff
- sociopolitical indignation of some kind
- my weirdo dreams
- philosophical/pedagogical musings, to the extent that I have them
- other stuff too, probably
I’m gonna try to copy/paste a bunch of the Spriggan stuff here, ’cause my whole reason for writing it down was remembering it. So if there are 50 posts today, it’s not because I’m a prolific writer (although I AM longwinded).
Welcome to the circus.